Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

INTUITION

What is intuition really? How do we know when we are actually receiving it?

These were some of the questions I had after I first became aware of intuition during a life changing experience.

I was getting married. Something, some tiny uncomfortable feeling in my gut, told me that my fiancé wasn't the right one for me. This feeling just came out of the blue and I didn't want it! I tried to make it go away but did not succeed. I was very young and thought the world I lived in was all there was and getting married to your high school sweetheart was what you did (this was the 1970's). Besides, we had already started accumulating furniture and household items for our first place together and were having great fun. The thought of backing out felt overwhelming and my mind seemed confused by this new out-of-the-blue  feeling. Little did I know that deep in my heart and soul I was longing for a completely different life.

I found that out after I got married. Yes, the feeling in my gut grew until it was very strong but I had become really good at ignoring it and allowed myself to became numb instead. At 24 I could have been 80. Life felt over before it even started. When I was growing up feelings were something you swept under the rug, not something you faced. I had no idea how to express a true feeling. We were always taught to 'be nice above all else' and everyone went around pretending this was how they really felt. You just got on with life and went on pretending until the day you died.

Somehow the intuitive feeling I had knew me better than I knew myself. How could it have seen around corners and known what would happen if I married him? Once married I had changed so much in such a short time and felt completely trapped in the little world that we had created. I was extremely unhappy. I did end up leaving him... and the house we bought... and all our furniture... and caused even greater heartbreak than if I had listened to this feeling in the first place.

After this first life changing intuitive experience I decided to quietly study intuition within myself. I wanted to see if this was just a weird experience or if intuition really could tell me what was best for me. I spent many years consciously following my intuition at times and then not following at other times to see what would happen. Every single time I didn't follow it and followed my rational mind instead I would end up feeling I was at a dead end. Each time I followed my intuition I was really surprised at the amazing outcome. It far exceeded my expectations and went way beyond what I could have ever imagined.

For over 20 years I have lived my life by completely following my intuitive feelings. It has been quite a challenge for my rational mind and I have had to have complete faith and trust in myself. It has also taken a great deal of guts for me to blindly leap into the unknown when I was compelled to do so. Somehow I have always landed on my feet and with all these amazing experiences I have grown immeasurably.


DEVELOPING INTUITION


  • Discover Intuition Exists - Set your intention with your heart and soul to discover it and then let it go. The answer you seek will come to you, usually when you least expect it.

  • Awareness of Subtle Intuitive Feelings - Intuitive feelings can be a gut feeling, a dream with a 'knowing' feeling attached to it, shivers up your spine, an 'aha' feeling deep within, or a knowing feeling beyond a shadow of a doubt that seems to come out of nowhere. Intuitive feelings do not change like our emotional feelings do. 

  • Allowing Yourself to be Guided by Intuition - It takes faith and trust and a great deal of courage to follow your intuition. The Divine/Your Higher Self is leading you and your rational mind/ego may not be comfortable being led to an unknown place.

  • Tuning In to Intuitive Thoughts/Feelings - Use your inner senses to tune into the 'divine broadcast' to receive this 'feel mail' that is loaded with knowingness. Only the right brain can receive it and perceive it. You must be open to it. The more you focus on your intuition the stronger it gets. You are actually developing your inner senses.

  • Practice a Sense of Stillness - When you start to feel an intuition and receive an 'incoming' message, find a sense of stillness inside of you to fully receive this intuitive guidance. You can practice this stillness and 'tune in' at any time.


2 comments:

  1. lovin' this ...especially practising a sense of stillness. thank you for sharing your wisdom x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Sarah!

    ReplyDelete